- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a slow cooker, layer carrots, green pepper and onion. Top with the chicken. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple over chicken. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, bouillon, salt, ginger and garlic powder to pineapple juice; pour over pineapple. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened, stirring once. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forTangy Tender Chicken
"I thought it was just OK. My husband, who lives Chinese, did not like it."
"So fast to put together & let the crock pot do the cooking. I served over rice. uum good. I love new recipes to try & this is a keeper."