VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut brisket in half and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 7 servings (2 cups gravy).
Originally published as Tangy Beef Brisket in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p63
Reviews forTangy Tender Beef Brisket
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2012
"This was fantastic! My picky teenagers loved it!"
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2011
"Loved the flavor and the beef was so tender"
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2010
"easy to make but the flavor wasn't that good.There are better recipes out there."
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010