Tangy Tender Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes7 servings (2 cups gravy)
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut brisket in half and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Feb 23, 2012
This was fantastic! My picky teenagers loved it!
Mar 14, 2011
Easy to make. I used 12 oz of both cola and chili sauce instead of 8 oz.
Jan 27, 2011
Loved the flavor and the beef was so tender
Jul 7, 2010
Easy to make but the flavor wasn't that good.There are better recipes out there.
Jun 29, 2010