Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, bouillon, garlic, pepper and pineapple juice mixture until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; cook and stir pork and green pepper for 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and green pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to the skillet with pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2015
Excellent and easy to make. Might have been a little too salty, so I would maybe try with low sodium soy sauce next time.
Nov 13, 2014
This is very similar to my recipe. I tried it today and found it to be delicious. Thank you.
Sep 7, 2010
I made this the other day, it was excellent, easy and very tasty!