- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to equal 3/4 cup. Add cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, bouillon, garlic and pepper; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet; cook and stir pork and green pepper for 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and green pepper is crisp-tender. Stir pineapple juice mixture into skillet with pineapple. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTangy Sweet and Sour Pork
"Excellent and easy to make. Might have been a little too salty, so I would maybe try with low sodium soy sauce next time."
"This is very similar to my recipe. I tried it today and found it to be delicious. Thank you."
"I made this the other day, it was excellent, easy and very tasty!"