Tangy Strawberry Slush Recipe
When temperatures rise, cool things down with this ice-cold fruity slush. Keep some in the freezer for when guests pop in on a sultry evening.—Laura Reigel, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 9 cups water, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 individual tea bags
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 6-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 7 cups water and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Cool. Transfer sugar and tea mixtures to a 4-qt. freezer container.
- 3. In a blender, combine the strawberries, cranberry juice and juice concentrates. Cover and process until pureed. Stir into freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. To serve, combine 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Tangy Strawberry Slush
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC