Tangy Spinach Salad Supreme
A tangy topping completes this fresh spinach salad, garnished with hard-cooked egg and crumbled bacon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, pepper, parsley, ketchup, salt, mustard and paprika; shake well. Divide spinach among four individual plates; top with eggs and bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 718 calories, 70g fat (12g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Salad Supreme in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition