- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 4 bacon strips
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut steak into four wide strips; add to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over steaks. Grill until glaze is heated. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTangy Sirloin Strips
"Yummy!! As we were short on time, we just did the marinade and wrapped the steak in bacon (no lemon pepper and no glaze), but it was perfect!"
"My family loves this. They call it like meat candy."
"My son made this all the family. To my surprise everyone just raved about it. We had made extra for leftovers, but there was no leftovers!Next time we may not make as much glaze because we did not use all of that.Excellent recipe!!!!!"