Tangy Sirloin Strips
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 4 bacon strips
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a shallow dish, combine the first six ingredients. Cut steak into four wide strips; add to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-low heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over steaks. Grill until glaze is heated. Discard toothpicks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 20, 2014
Yummy!! As we were short on time, we just did the marinade and wrapped the steak in bacon (no lemon pepper and no glaze), but it was perfect!
Aug 27, 2014
My family loves this. They call it like meat candy.
Jul 4, 2011
My son made this all the family. To my surprise everyone just raved about it. We had made extra for leftovers, but there was no leftovers!Next time we may not make as much glaze because we did not use all of that.Excellent recipe!!!!!