Tangy Round Steak Strips
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 envelope beef stroganoff sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in salad dressing until meat is no longer pink. Combine sauce mix and water until blended; stir into beef mixture. Stir in the mushrooms; celery and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles.
1 each: 245 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 6, 2012
I have made this recipe numerous times now and it's simple to die for. I use fresh mushrooms instead of a can of mushrooms and 3 stalks of celery instead of just one, other wise you don't even taste the celery. But thank you for this recipe, my family simply loves it.
Jun 29, 2011
Definitely a keeper! My husband does not like mushrooms, so I just added extra celery.
May 9, 2011
This is an awesome recipe! I also added a small can of chilies with jalepeno:)
Jul 23, 2010
My DH told me to put this recipe in the keeper box. He made it for himself and his fishing buddies on a recent trip in our camper/trailer. They all said it's delicious. I'm going to insist that DH make it at home so I can try it!