Tangy Potato Salad Recipe
This recipe came from Germany, where it was passed down through our family. My grandmother made it for me when I was a child...my mother modified it...and I added my own touches. It still has authentic German flavor, and it's in demand for every cookout or potluck we attend!
- 12 medium red potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and slice potatoes; combine with onion, eggs, pickles and parsley in a large salad bowl. Set aside. Heat chicken broth until warm; remove from the heat. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix until smooth. Pour over potato mixture and mix lightly. Cover and chill. Just before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 232 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Potato Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC