- 4 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Immediately sprinkle with 3 tablespoons vinegar; cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, radishes and chives. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, dill, salt, pepper and remaining vinegar. Pour over potato mixture and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forTangy Potato Salad with Radishes
"I found it deliciously ironic that this recipe, submitted by not only a fellow Canadian but a fellow Saskatchewan resident, was featured in the July 4th chapter of the newest print edition of Taste of Home.Aside from that, I had to, through necessity only, make three changes for my July 1 - Canada Day - presentation...My boyfriend doesn't like radishes so I left those out.I didn't have enough fresh chives so I used dehydrated using 1/3 of the amount and mixing it into the dressing rather than the potato and egg mixture;I didn't have white wine vinegar and rather than mess it up with a substitution, I left it out entirely.Not only was the dressing DELICIOUS without the vinegar, it was thin enough for dressing AND thick enough for a dip for veggies. NUMMERS!!!!!So take note! This is an awesome recipe with my minor changes if you need a recipe for veggie dip that consists pretty much of shelf/pantry items. As a potato salad it's amazing!Peggy from Strasbourg, Saskatchewan, you have submitted a WINNER!~Lynda from St. Walburg, 3 hours north of Saskatoon. ;)"