Tangy Potato Salad for Two
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Sprinkle with vinegar.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cube and place in a small bowl. Add the red pepper, peas, cucumber and onion; toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 204 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 7, 2011
This is a very creamy delicious salad! I used 1/2 if the red pepper and some extra Vidalia onion. Will certainly make again for company!
Jun 29, 2010
The horseradish gives a unique flavor & the peas & cucumber are different yet delicious!! Every time I make this potato salad I end up sharing the recipe!