“Fresh from the garden snow peas are wonderful for this,” writes Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado,” but frozen ones are fine when the garden is covered with snow!”
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during the last 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce the heat. Stir in the sour cream, wine or broth, pimientos and mustard; heat through.
- Drain pasta and peas; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Pasta 'n' Peas in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p64