I adapted this recipe from one I found years ago, substituting ingredients most people have on hand. I like to serve it with crackers or small bread slices.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper. Add cheese; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Mozzarella Bites in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p23