Tangy Lemon-Nut Tart
I like to top wedges of this tasty tart with whipped cream or ice cream. Get ready to hand out copies of the recipe!—Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice and zest until blended. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 364 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Crescent Nut Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007