- 2-1/2 cups gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; mix well. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined. Add lemon juice and vanilla; beat just until blended. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar an cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon juice and peel. Refrigerate cheesecake and sauce overnight. Serve sauce over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTangy Lemon Cheesecake
"i love anything with lemon and who does't love cheesecake. this recipe is a true winner for both. i plan to serve at the next pot luck at work. i know that i will be asked for the recipe."
"My son convinced me to make it for a family gathering. I thought it sounded good. It was delicious and a big hit!"
"Love this recipe! We make it every year for family gatherings."
"My mouth is watering now. Thischeesecake sounds absolutley delicious. It is a must try.Sue in Chilliwack, BC"