Tangy Lemon Catfish
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash dried oregano
- 1/2 pound catfish or whitefish fillets
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt and oregano; add fillets. Turn to coat; refrigerate, covered, 30-60 minutes, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow bowl, combine cornmeal and flour. Coat fillets with cornmeal mixture. In a skillet, cook fillets in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the tartar sauce ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 each equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2014
Very good flavor. We opted to use store bought tartar sauce for the sake of time but found the fish didn't even need it. I used yellow cornmeal.
Jan 14, 2011
I am not a fan of catfish... but this was so delisous! Just give it a try! You won't regret it!