- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash dried oregano
- 1/2 pound catfish or whitefish fillets
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt and oregano; add fillets. Turn to coat; refrigerate, covered, 30-60 minutes, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow bowl, combine cornmeal and flour. Coat fillets with cornmeal mixture. In a skillet, cook fillets in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the tartar sauce ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.
1 each: 287 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.