Tangy Italian Green Beans
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Place beans and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper. Drain beans; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 85 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 7, 2019These green beans were simple to prepare and absolutely delicious. Hubby even said he would like to prepare other vegetables this way as well.
Jan 14, 2016
Good recipe, except I used regular garlic, sauteed in the olive oil, additional Parmesan cheese and Italian Bread Crumbs. Thanks.
Jan 17, 2011
Fantastic recipe as is! Even my 14-month-old daughter likes them!
Dec 31, 1969
I added sliced almonds for a dinner party and swapped garlic powder for the garlic salt (not too fond of garlic salt - too salty for me). I also used multi-cracked pepper (pink, red, green, black, etc.) and it was a SUPER HIT!! Think when the farmer's market is in full swing and everything is in season other herbs would enhance the green beans - or I might add other fresh veggies to extend the batch for bbq get togethers. Thanks, Rudy, I'm always looking for new recipes for green beans since I LOVE them!