Tangy Italian Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper. Drain beans; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 85 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 14, 2016
Good recipe, except I used regular garlic, sauteed in the olive oil, additional Parmesan cheese and Italian Bread Crumbs. Thanks.
Jan 17, 2011
Fantastic recipe as is! Even my 14-month-old daughter likes them!
Apr 8, 2008
I added sliced almonds for a dinner party and swapped garlic powder for the garlic salt (not too fond of garlic salt - too salty for me). I also used multi-cracked pepper (pink, red, green, black, etc.) and it was a SUPER HIT!! Think when the farmer's market is in full swing and everything is in season other herbs would enhance the green beans - or I might add other fresh veggies to extend the batch for bbq get togethers. Thanks, Rudy, I'm always looking for new recipes for green beans since I LOVE them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.