This vegetable side dish is delicately dressed with white wine vinegar and subtle mustard and garlic seasonings, rather than swimming in butter and salt.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place beans and red pepper in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Green Beans in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p15