Tangy Green Bean Casserole
"Here's a bean dish my family requests often," relates Judy Rush of Newport, Rhode Island. "It's easy to prepare and makes a wonderful addition to a buffet supper or potluck dinner."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender; drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Green Bean Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Apr 28, 2012
VERY good. Easy to make. Good enough for company.
Aug 30, 2011
I'm always trying to find vegatable recipes that my kids will like and this was definitely a hit. I added some bacon pieces for extra flavor. Fantastic!