Tangy Glazed Meat Loaf
The tangy glaze bakes to a rich, dark brown that makes this meat loaf look every bit as good as it tastes!—Marcia Baures, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled browning sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion, eggs, milk, oats, parsley and seasonings. Add beef and mix well. Press into an 8x4-in. loaf pan lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unmold loaf into a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Remove loaf from oven; drain. Brush with some of the glaze. Return to oven; bake 1 hour longer or until no pink remains, occasionally brushing with glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Country Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Jun 8, 2013
This is a delicious meat loaf that is easy to make. Everyone loved it and asked for seconds. Two thumbs up from my picky eaters too! I doubled the glaze so my son could use it as a dip for his meat. This is in my recipe box.