Tangy Fruit Topping
For a perfect topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt, I whip up this fruit topping. The fresh gingerroot add an extra zip!—Deb Anderson, Joplin, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a bowl, gently combine the first six ingredients. Serve over frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 146 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Tangy Fruit Topping in Light & Tasty April/May 2001