- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, juice drained and reserved
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup dry orange-flavored instant breakfast
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 apples or pears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, pudding mix and breakfast drink; set aside. In a large bowl, combine all the fruit. Fold juice mixture into fruit. Refrigerate before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forTangy Fruit Salad
"Very easy! I think I will decrease the Tang just a tad next time."
"YUM!! I did not like the combination of the Tang/pineapple juice, so I omitted it, but everything else was great!"
"So good as a side dish served on a bed of lettuce or a light dessert with Cool Whip tipping."
"This was a hit at the shower I attended. Quite a few ladies asked me for the recipe. My one friend said she would have cut back a little on the Tang. I will make it again for sure. Simple and tasty is what I like about a recipe."
"This was one of the first fruit salads I ever made and have been making it ever since. My husbands family would be very upset if I didn't bring it to our Christmas Eve celebration! My niece liked it so much she made if for her wedding reception. I usually use one red and one green apple along with a pear too. I always use the strawberries if they are available at my store."