Tangy French Beans Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans and remaining water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through; drain. Add bacon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 106 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tangy French Beans
"This was very good... Very similar to the dressing that goes on German Potato salad..."