Canned beans makes this colorful salad easy to fix, while a no-fuss dressing lends sweet-and-sour flair. Green pepper and mushrooms help it stand out from other bean medleys. Sharon Cain of Revelstoke, British Columbia shared the recipe.
Recommended: Our Favorite 4th of July Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Four-Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p23
Reviews forTangy Four-Bean Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review