Tangy Feta Herb Dip
I often prepare this make-ahead dip for get-togethers. As a physician and mother, I love the idea of using yogurt as a healthy, low-fat alternative to sour cream or cream cheese.
Total Time15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 127 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Feta Herb Spread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.