- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 9 slices peeled fresh gingerroot
- 6 individual tea bags
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, cranberries and ginger; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and spice bag. Strain cranberry mixture through a cheesecloth lined colander. Return to saucepan. Stir in juice and honey; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forTangy Cranberry Tea
"I used apple cider instead of apple juice and kept it warm in the crockpot. Delicious!"