Tangy Cranberry Gravy
My husband and I first tasted this deliciously different gravy at my aunt’s house one Thanksgiving. Now I make it throughout the year.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Turkey giblets (liver removed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and giblets to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Strain and discard giblets; set broth aside.
- In another saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, cranberry juice and vinegar until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 24 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Gravy in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.