Tangy Cranberry Beans
Whenever I take these beans to barbeques, they’re always eaten up right away. —Wendie Osipowicz, New Britain, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + soaking Cook: 6 hours
- 3 cups dried navy beans
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Rinse beans. Place in a saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let soak, covered, 1-4 hours. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Transfer beans to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 349 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Baked Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.