VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups dried navy beans
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Rinse beans. Place in a saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let soak, covered, 1-4 hours. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Transfer beans to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 6-8 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Cranberry Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p26