Tangy Citrus Gelatin Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill 2 cups orange juice. In a saucepan or microwave, bring grapefruit juice and remaining orange juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in chilled orange juice. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Stir pineapple juice into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in reserved pineapple
- In a bowl, beat whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Divide among individual serving dishes. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 93 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Aug 30, 2010
I love this dessert. It is really easy to make. I would omit the pineapple next time, and add an additional 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice instead of the pineapple juice, for a creamier dessert. I liked the whipped topping mix better than cool whip. I used regular jello and found that using the grapefruit juice really reduced the sweetness, which was nice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.