Tangy Citrus Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken; pour remaining sauce on top. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fruit.
Jan 18, 2014
Did not care for this. Turns out, sauce did not *stick* to chicken. Ended up with a gluey, yucky mess of wet ingredients hardening in dish. Sorry TOH. Will stick with what I know. J.
May 13, 2013
Ours do not turn the nice golden color shown in the picture and the sauce did not thicken at all. We cooked at 350 for nearly 45 minutes and chicken ended up tough but clearly fully cooked.
Apr 9, 2013
This recipe comes from one of my fave cookbooks called Kosher By Design. I make it at least one shabbat a month. I use the whole can of lemonaide, and I do not cover it. As well, I am generous with the spices.
Mar 6, 2012
So easy & tasty! I omitted the sage since I had none on hand and substituted marjoram for the thyme.~ Theresa
Apr 18, 2009
This is sooo juicy and refreshing. The leftovers make great chicken salad as well.