Tangy Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 2 slices Colby cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/4 cup for basting.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 921mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2011
Feb 5, 2009
The marinade is awesome. The chicken is very flavorful. I skip the homemade dressing and opt for store bought blue cheese or ranch dressing to save time.