Tangy Chicken Salad
I came up with my own version of chicken salad after tasting a similar one at a restaurant. You can use broiled or sauteed chicken if you’re in a hurry or find yourself with leftovers. —Michelle Tromblay, Fairfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped hard-boiled egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- On two plates, arrange salad greens, tomato, hard-boiled egg whites and cheese. Slice chicken; place on salads. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 366 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 41g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.