Tangy Chicken Salad
Michelle Tromblay from Fairfield, Ohio came up with her own version of chicken salad after tasting a similar one at a restaurant. “You can use broiled or sauteed chicken if you’re in a hurry or find yourself with leftovers,” shares Michelle.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped hard-boiled egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- On two plates, arrange salad greens, tomato, hard-boiled egg whites and cheese. Slice chicken; place on salads. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 366 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006