Tangy Chicken & Peppers
I created this dish when I was pressed for time during the workweek. It couldn't be easier to make! Frozen ingredients really help save time, and it's also wonderful with noodles.— Donna McLeod, Bentonville, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pineapple salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice or hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches; remove from pan.
- In same pan, add stir-fry blend and salsa; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup rice and 2/3 cup sauce: 422 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.