Tangy Cheese-Topped Spuds
Horseradish provides the zing in the creamy potato topper from Letha Burdette of Greer, South Carolina. "It's a great way to spice up dinner," she reports. "My family loves these potatoes!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add onion, horseradish, lemon juice, parsley and salt; mix well.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 668 calories, 34g fat (23g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Cheese-Topped Spuds in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998