Horseradish provides the zing in the creamy potato topper from Letha Burdette of Greer, South Carolina. "It's a great way to spice up dinner," she reports. "My family loves these potatoes!"
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add onion, horseradish, lemon juice, parsley and salt; mix well. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Cheese-Topped Spuds in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p33