Tangy Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, break noodles into small pieces; set seasoning packet aside. Add the coleslaw mix, almonds and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 295 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Cabbage Slaw
"Made this slaw for many years and still enjoy it."
"My mom has been making this recipe for years, and it's always a favorite at family gatherings or potlucks. I also toast the almonds and add a splash of sesame oil."
"Very good. I added some extra cole slaw mix and a red and a yellow bell pepper, and there was still plenty of dressing. I also substituted sunflower seeds for the nuts because I had them on hand. Be careful not to make the salad too far in advance because the noodles will loose their crunch."
"Tis went wonderfully with my thai ribs. Made a fresh summer side. :)"
"Very easy and I got lots of compliments."
"My husband hates mayonaise in coleslaw. This was the perfect solution to my picnic problem! Everybody who has tasted it loves it. Thanks."
"Very good. I added some sunflower seeds for added crunch and a dash of soy sauce to the dressing."