Tangy Cabbage Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice in a small bowl. Set pineapple aside. Stir mayonnaise and sugar into juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apples, marshmallows, walnuts and pineapple. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 241 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 12, 2015
This salad is wonderful! I reminds me of a salad my mom used to make; however, her's has a cooked dressing that takes longer. This salad goes together quickly and is so good! To keep the ingredients fresh, don't add the dressing until you're ready to serve.
Feb 9, 2010
My husband generally doesn't like cabbage or cole slaw but he really enjoys this sweet, crunchy salad. I like to make it at Easter time. The pineapple, apple, walnuts & marshmallows really make it stand out.