- 1.15 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place green beans in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Drain bean; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTangy Buttered Green Beans
"This dish is both delicious and quick. My picky men loved them too."
"These are fantastic! Even my picky 13 year old likes them. I don't think they are sour at all, good mix of flavors."
"I wasn't a fan of these...too sour! And I am a fan of vinegary things, but this didn't do it for me:("