Tangy Broccoli Casserole
Serve this dish at any gathering, and there's no doubt guests will ask for seconds of the rich side dish.—Carolyn Creasman, Gastonia, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggs, soup, mayonnaise, cheese, onion and butter. Drain broccoli; gently stir into soup mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 453 calories, 40g fat (14g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.