Serve this dish at any gathering, and there's no doubt guests will ask for seconds of the rich side dish.—Carolyn Creasman, Gastonia, North Carolina
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggs, soup, mayonnaise, cheese, onion and butter. Drain broccoli; gently stir into soup mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p15