Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and onion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2015
mfl - I know the recipe calls for reduced fat mayo and sour cream but it will break down less if you use full fat products. I, too, find it annoying when a blue cheese dressing breaks down and turns runny ;)
Apr 19, 2012
I'm giving this 3 stars only because it tastes good, but after 5 days in the refrigerator, the consistency changed from nice and creamy, to being similar to the buttermilk used, very 'liquidy'... very disappointing.