Tangy Blue Cheese Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cheese and onion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
May 30, 2015
mfl - I know the recipe calls for reduced fat mayo and sour cream but it will break down less if you use full fat products. I, too, find it annoying when a blue cheese dressing breaks down and turns runny ;)
Apr 19, 2012
I'm giving this 3 stars only because it tastes good, but after 5 days in the refrigerator, the consistency changed from nice and creamy, to being similar to the buttermilk used, very 'liquidy'... very disappointing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.