Tangy Black Bean Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 radishes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, cucumber, onion, yellow pepper, radishes, jalapeno and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 63 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 18, 2013
Excellent recipe--just as it is; fully 5-star. I wanted to lower the sodium some, so I cooked a half pound of dried black beans instead of using canned. It was a great hit at our company picnic.
Oct 10, 2008
Fresh and tasty! It was a hit.
Jun 17, 2008
This was quite good. I brought it to a party and got complements on it. I don't like salsa and I thought it was tasty. I left out the jalapeno pepper as I don't like spicy things but it still tasted good.