Tangy Beef Salad
Prepared Catalina dressing adds tangy-sweet flavor to this fast fresh-tasting salad. It's chock-full of good stuff, including crisp lettuce, tomatoes, pepper and beans. "Add the corn chips last so they stay crunchy," suggests Lorraine.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 to 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef mix until heated through. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, green pepper, onion, tomato, beans and cheese. Add beef mix. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with corn chips. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 427 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Beef Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.