Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In pan juices, cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender; stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 397 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff
"this is excellent to serve to company. Prepare ahead, then heat & pour over noodles. Cut beef in bite-size pieces, more tender.letting it sit in sauce tenderizes & soaks in the flavors."
"This was amazing. It is creamy, savory, and a little tart. I used a couple tablespoons of beef stock instead of bouillon cubes, and didn't realize until halfway through cooking I only had red cooking wine instead of red wine vinegar, but I don't think either of these two substitutes changed the recipe much. I loved it so much I ended up eating some of the left overs for breakfast the next morning."
"This was really good! I didn't have any mushrooms and it was still lucious, although would have been better with. I only had 3-4 oz. of sour cream so I added that and 4 oz of cream cheese. That was wonderful. This recipe will be replacing my old stroganoff recipe."
"This wasn't bad. I may make it again if I have the ingredients on hand. Not a favorite though."
"Simple and wonderful."
"this is by far my favorite stroganoff recipe. it's also very good w/venison."
"This was delicious. Definitely a keeper. I used a tablespoon of Malbec instead of red wine vinegar, which probably added to its superbness."