Tangy Beef Chili
Not only is this delicious chili quick to make, the blue cheese wedge adds a creamy, tangy accent. —Luann Maner, Taylor, Arizona
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 The Laughing Cow cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Top with cheese if desired.
1 cup: 219 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jan 6, 2013
Just add corn & mild diced chilis! Delicious!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC