Tangy BBQ Meatballs Recipe
Orange juice lends wonderful tang to these tender tasty meatballs. They're one of my most popular appetizers, and I can make them ahead, the pop in the oven an hour before serving. A do-ahead delight during this busy season!
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg white, cracker crumbs, milk, mustard and salt. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until beat is no longer pink.
- 2. Transfer meatballs to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 109 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Tangy BBQ Meatballs
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC